In today’s article, we’ll kick things off with a three-step breakdown of how to find, research, and swap crypto on the Ethereum network using Moralis Money. From there, we’ll dive into some fundamentals you should know about before you start swapping. To top things off, we’re going to explore three key factors making Moralis Money the best platform for crypto swapping!
Full Step-by-Step Process: Learn How to Swap on the Ethereum Network
There are multiple ways to swap crypto on the Ethereum network; however, your best and easiest option is Moralis Money. Moralis Money is an industry-leading crypto quick scanner and instant crypto swap. Furthermore, the platform lets you find, research, and buy up-and-coming crypto in a heartbeat!
So, how does it work?
In the sections to come, we’ll break down the entire process of finding, researching, and swapping crypto!
Also, if you want more in-depth information on why Moralis Money is the best tool for swapping, join us in the ”Why Swap on the Ethereum Network Using Moralis Money?” section further down below in the article.
Step 1: Finding Tokens
One of Moralis Money’s core features is Token Explorer. With Token Explorer, you can combine 20+ metrics and filters to create unique search strategies, allowing you to target unique tokens you’re after. As such, with this feature, you can seamlessly find coins before sites like CoinGecko, crypto whales, and the masses to avoid issues like crypto FOMO!
To briefly illustrate the power of Token Explorer, let’s create a search strategy targeting freshly minted low market-cap coins gaining interest from other experienced buyers. And to do so, we can combine the Coin Age, Market Cap, and Experienced Net Buyers metrics.
With Coin Age, we ensure that our results only contain coins minted within the last 30 days. With Market Cap, we can filter for tokens with a market cap of less than $50 million. And with Experienced Net Buyers, our results will only include tokens gaining interest from other crypto enthusiasts. Also, make sure that you have selected the Ethereum network, as Moralis Money supports multiple chains:
By running this strategy, we can narrow our scope from thousands of tokens to only a few exciting options with a couple of clicks!
Step 2: Researching Tokens
Now that you have narrowed down the number of exciting tokens, it’s time to continue doing your own research to determine if any of them are worth investing in. And a great place to start is Moralis Money’s token pages!
Each coin featured on Moralis Money has its own dedicated token page. On these pages, you’ll find a token’s current price, security information, trading charts, and alpha metrics, including changes in net volume, net experienced buyers, etc.
You can use the search bar at the top to access these pages. Or, click on one of the tokens from the dynamic list you generated in the previous step:
With this information and the provided trading charts, you can quickly determine overall market sentiment, do your own technical analysis, evaluate the token’s security, and much more!
However, note that the token pages are just a start, and you should expand your research further on your own before you invest. To do so, you can use the links provided by Moralis Money at the top of each page to learn more about the projects:
Step 3: Swapping Tokens
Once you have done sufficient research and found a token you’re interested in, it’s time to swap it. And with Moralis Money, you can swap any token at the click of a few buttons!
All you have to do is visit the token’s token page, connect your wallet, select which coins you want to swap, and hit the ”Trade” button:
That’s it; when working with Moralis Money, you can effortlessly find, research, and swap any cryptocurrency. And these three features make Moralis Money the perfect one-stop-shop every trader is looking for!
Swap on the Ethereum Network – What You Need to Know
If you’re new to crypto trading, then there are a few things you should catch up on before you start swapping. In the following sections, we’ll give you a few examples and cover the basics. To kick things off, we’ll briefly explore the ins and outs of Web3 wallets and why you need one to swap tokens on any blockchain network!
One of the essentials you need to swap on the Ethereum network is an Ethereum-compatible Web3 wallet. Web3 wallets – also referred to as crypto wallets – are generally digital software platforms allowing you to store and manage all your fungible and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
There are multiple Ethereum-compatible Web3 wallet options, and some prominent examples are MetaMask, Trust Wallet, Coinbase Wallet, etc. However, there are many others to choose from, and it’s all about finding the right option for your needs as a crypto trader.
Furthermore, once you find a wallet and buy your first crypto, you should also actively manage your portfolio. However, this is easier said than done, especially as you diversify your holdings. If you’d like to learn more about it, check out our crypto portfolio management guide!
Transaction Fees, Ethereum Gas Fees, and Slippage
Before you begin to swap on the Ethereum network, you also need to grasp three core concepts: transaction fees, Ethereum gas fees, and slippage. Let’s briefly cover these to give you an idea of what they entail.
- Transaction Fees: For most centralized and decentralized exchanges, you’re required to pay a transaction fee as the platform facilitates the trades and swaps. Fortunately, they are generally quite low.
- Ethereum Gas Fees: Whenever you perform a blockchain network transaction, you must pay a gas fee. It’s compensation for the computing power the process requires. And on a network like Ethereum – which has been struggling with congestion – gas fees can become relatively high. Consequently, before you swap on the Ethereum network, make sure to check the gas fee.
- Slippage: Whenever you perform a swap on the Ethereum network, you can specify slippage. And this is the fluctuation between the original price and the final transaction price that the swap tolerates. Slippage ensures the transaction goes through while protecting you from sudden spikes.
Different Ways and Platforms to Swap on the Ethereum Network
Before you start swapping, it can also be beneficial to know that there are multiple ways to swap crypto. And there are many platforms facilitating crypto swaps. But the most common way to swap crypto is to use a decentralized exchange (DEX). However, some centralized exchanges (CEXs) – such as Binance – and even Web3 wallets also allow you to swap ERC-20 tokens directly through their interfaces.
Here are a few examples of prominent platforms allowing you to swap on the Ethereum network:
- Moralis Money
- Curve Finance
If you’d like to learn more about the various platforms and their pros and cons, check out our article on the best Ethereum swap sites!
Why Swap on the Ethereum Network Using Moralis Money?
As we mentioned above, there are multiple platforms allowing you to swap on the Ethereum network. However, at the top of the list, you’ll find Moralis Money. And in this section, we’ll cover a few reasons why that is!
- Additional Features: The crypto-swapping feature is just the tip of the iceberg, and there’s a lot more to Moralis Money. For instance, with Token Explorer, you can find coins before they break out. With Token Shield, you can dodge potential scam coins. And with Token Alerts, you can seamlessly set up alerts to find new prospects even when you aren’t actively trading. As such, Moralis Money provides everything you need to find, research, and swap crypto on the Ethereum network!
If you want to learn more about Token Explorer, Token Shield, and Token Alerts, check out our three trading tips guide.
- High Security: Moralis Money is also non-custodial. This means that the platform never takes custody of your assets. And you remain in complete control of all your private keys. This is a safer way to swap on the Ethereum network than some CEXs, as they store your assets for you and are prone to hacks.
- 1inch DEX Aggregator: Moralis Money also leverages the 1inch DEX aggregator. This protocol optimizes your trades across multiple DEXs, giving you lower transaction fees and the best prices available. As such, thanks to the 1inch DEX aggregator, Moralis Money presents one of the cheapest ways to buy crypto.
Take Your Trading to the Next Level with the Moralis Money Pro Plan
You can leverage most of the features of Moralis Money entirely for free. However, did you know that it’s possible to optimize the performance of this tool and increase your gains with the Moralis Money Pro plan?
Moralis Money Pro plan users get loads of benefits, and down below, you’ll find three prominent examples:
- Premium Education: By subscribing to the Moralis Money Pro plan, you can access premium education.
- Narrower Timeframes: The Pro plan also provides access to narrower timeframes for all search queries. This means you can query tokens based on an hourly and even ten-minute basis:
- Private Discord Server: Pro plan users are also offered to join a private Discord server and become part of a large community of like-minded crypto enthusiasts.
In addition to the three examples above, you’ll also gain the ability to save up to ten alerts, ten search strategies, and much more:
You can also experience the power of Moralis Money with the interactive widget below. Apply a premade strategy, or create a new one from scratch with the metrics of your choice so you can find unique tokens you’re after:
Summary: How to Swap on the Ethereum Network
In today’s article, we showed you how to find, research, and swap crypto on the Ethereum network using Moralis Money. Thanks to the accessibility of this tool, we were able to do so in three straightforward steps:
- Step 1 – Finding Tokens: With Moralis Money’s Token Explorer feature, you can combine 20+ metrics to create unique search strategies. In doing so, you can seamlessly find precisely the tokens you’re looking for.
- Step 2 – Researching Tokens: Once you find an exciting coin, you can visit its token page to start doing your own research. These pages feature a bunch of information, including trading charts, alpha metrics, and much more.
- Step 3 – Swapping Tokens: If you come to the conclusion that you want to invest after doing your research, you can seamlessly swap any token directly through Moralis Money. Just visit the coin’s token page, connect your wallet, select a pair, and hit ”Trade”:
In addition to showing you how to swap crypto on Ethereum, we covered three reasons why you should use Moralis Money to do so. We learned that the platform offers additional features, is more secure than CEXs, and leverages the 1inch DEX aggregator to deliver the best prices available!
Also, did you know that it’s possible to maximize your gains and the value of Moralis Money by subscribing to the Moralis Money Pro plan?
As a Pro plan member, you get a bunch of benefits, including access to a private Discord server, premium education, narrower timeframes for all filters, and much more: